Wednesday, May 19, 2010

School's Almost Out For Summer

I'm not quite sure how the end of the school year snuck up on me so quickly, but here it is. For the past 9 months my kids have been developing friendships with their classmates - relationships that I would hate to see end just because summer has arrived. So I set out to create a fun way for the kids to keep in touch. I would love to say that my idea is as slick as any of the social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook, but the truth is that I decided to go old school by simply handing out our phone number and asking the kids to give us a call this summer.

Here is the final result of my efforts - I took miniature beach balls that I had purchased a hundred years ago from Oriental Trading and personalized each one with sticky foam letters...



I then attached what I'm referring to as a "playdate business card" to the beach balls. The Internet is such a wonderful thing - who knew there were beach ball-themed business cards out there? You can pick this style up at Zazzle.com.



Hope you have a ball this summer!

1 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

what agreat way to keep in touch with friends over the summer!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com