Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Halloween...already?

I love Halloween. It's a great excuse to dress up the house, the kids, the dog and eat lots of candy. But I was kind of caught off guard as I watched all of the Halloween merchandise going up on the shelves over the past few weeks - was it just me? So, in an effort to get ready for Halloween, I decided to craft something. Over the summer I came across a craft project from Martha Stewart that serves as the inspiration for this post - decorated picnic plates. Check out her adorable beach-themed plates here.

Here is my attempt at Martha-style Halloween-themed party plates. All of the plates are really easy to make. You just need paper plates, foam paper, scissors and hot glue. I'm trying to figure out how to attach a template within a blog post. Once I'm successful, I'll share the templates for these designs.


What would Halloween be without a few bats...



a big, scary one-eyed monster...



or a ghost?



There are a bunch of other Halloween "things" that can be made into plates - like spiders, haunted houses, black cats - but I only had time to make these guys. I feel another post coming on!



This has definitely gotten me excited about Halloween. Please check back at the end of the month for more things that I'll be creating for the big spooky day!


3 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so cute!!

Julie said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration!! We included your BOOTIFUL Ghost Idea into our Friendly Ghost Round Up!

FIND IT HERE: http://www.emmaowl.com/bootiful-kids-ghost-art-and-craft-for-halloween/

Vi Bottaro Photography said...

Hi greatt reading your blog

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com