Thursday, March 14, 2013

Over the Ribbon Rainbow

I don't consider myself to be a cocky person, but the other day I found myself walking down the aisles of Hobby Lobby thinking "I can make that" to everything I saw. But I started a project last week that made me eat those very words! I absolutely love ribbon wreaths - here's one that made me smile. So, with me being crafty and all, I figured I could make one with no problem - I mean it's just ribbon!

I decided to make a St. Patrick's Day-inspired wreath...



...and it took FOREVER! After cutting and gluing each little strand of ribbon I thought I was going to have a breakdown!



Much respect to all of you ribbon wreath makers out there - you all are a patient lot! Thanks for the inspiration, but I'm sticking with foam paper as my go-to choice of craft material!




2 comments:

Bellenza Bistro said...

Ok, thanks for the warning! Much respect to all those ribbon-crafters out there, then. :-)

Birthday Invitations said...

Awwww but all the hard work paid off cos the wreath looks amazing! For some people it might take a long time because we give so much attention to the little details, and I can see that you have too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com