Thursday, March 8, 2012

My March Madness

It happens every year on March 17th...both of my sons' birthday (this year my oldest is turning 8 and my little guy will be 6). So why I didn't start planning their parties until the last week of February escapes me! Typically I start party planning right after Christmas so I won't be completely stressed out come March. However, the threat of madness somehow wasn't enough of a deterrent for me to start planning early - hence the reason I'm a little scary to be around right now.

My first big task was to convince my boys to have one big party versus individual parties like last year. It took about 1.2 seconds for that idea to get shot down. My oldest son had already decided to have a painting themed party and my youngest was dead set on having a cooking party. Score: Kids-1, Mom-0. Fortunately after a few hours of research, I was able to locate and book venues for both parties.

Next task - invitations. I believe that invitations set the tone for a party, so I always like to create something that will get the kids excited for the main event. I came across a ton of ideas on the Internet for invitations. With the little time I had I combined some of those ideas and came up with the following invitations.

For the painting party...a watercolor set. Here's the front of the invitation:


and here's the back with the details of the party...


For the cooking party...a recipe card.


I found the most adorable little oven mitts in the dollar section at Michael's craft store that served as envelopes for the invitations.


I finished off the invitation by putting each child's name on the pot holder...


I haven't planned any other details yet (food, cake, decorations, etc), so I should be good and crazy by the end of next week - pray for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this invitation!! Do you have a template for this?? I would really love to have it :)

The Day's said...

I love the watercolor invitation can you tell me how you created this.

Unknown said...

Hi, I have the same question as the others did. Can you give me an idea or template on how to create the invite? Thanks!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com