Wednesday, February 22, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Ombre Design

I checked in with the folks over at the CSI Project and saw that the next challenge they're hosting is for Ombre Projects. I'm more than a little bit embarrassed to admit that I had absolutely no idea what ombre was, but a quick google search fixed that. Here's what I found...

Ombre (noun): A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark.

Now that I had discovered this uber cool technique, I had to join in the challenge fun. Given the fact that March is right around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate to create a St. Patrick's Day project that incorporated the ombre design. I completely lucked out by finding pre-cut shamrocks in varying shades of green at Michael's craft store.


First I sorted the shamrocks by color (there were 3 of each shade) and attached them together using hot glue.


Then I hot glued all of the rows of shamrocks together to make a large rectangle shape.


Finally I attached the shamrocks to a frame using clear nylon thread and created a little burlap banner.


Here's the final result...







linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

8 comments:

Love ♥ said...

Hello, this idea is really wonderful! Congratulations. It 'a symbol of good luck! Very good! :)
Good day, a smile for you :)

Ashlee said...

What a fun idea! Visiting from csi

The CSI Girl said...

So fun and I am so happy you linked up to the CSI Project. I am going to feaure you on the FB page.

So adorable!

Hugs,
Dee, the CSI Girl

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Thanks for the comments - they're much appreciated!

Patti said...

This is just C.U.T.E!! Would you mind sharing what size the frame is, to give a perspective? I love your creativity. Awesome, girl.

Unknown said...

We love your blog and will be featuring one of your posts on next week’s social media campaign on March 13th through our facebook, pinterest, twitter, and google + pages. Thank you for your helpful tips and we want you to know that with your creativity we are able to share fun ideas with our clients as well as get you more followers. Keep up the good work.
mitchell moving & Storage

www.mitchellmoving.com

Anonymous said...

What size frame did you use? I can not seem to find a rectangle like frame.

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com