Monday, May 30, 2011

DIY Painted Vases

A couple of days ago I saw a bunch of painted flowers at the market that I couldn't take my eyes off of because the colors were so vibrant. I instantly knew that I wanted to make something that would showcase the colors, so I decided to paint bud vases in coordinating colors. Let me start off by saying that I am no painter, but I stumbled upon a technique that seriously anybody can do.

First, here are the flowers that inspired this craft...cool, right?


I then selected acrylic paint in matching colors.


At my son's request I picked up these square-shaped bud vases because they reminded him of inkwells. I wanted to ask him how that related to this particular craft, but I decided not to go there.


So all you have to do is pour the paint into the vase, shake it so that paint covers the entire inside, and then turn the vase upside down to dry (this allows excess paint to drip out as well). That's it!


I painted one vase for each flower color in the bunch (please bear with me - there are 4 colors)...first up, purple:


blue:


pink:


orange:


The hardest part of this craft was waiting for the paint to dry, which took about 24 hours. I've also seen another technique for achieving this look by using spray paint - I think I'll try that next!



3 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Very cool idea! And your son was absolutely right about choosing inkwell bud vases. I'm going to have to ask; where did you find them?

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Thanks Rhissanna! I bought the vases from Walmart - I hope they have them where you live.

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com