Friday, October 29, 2010

One Rubber Stamp - Endless Possibilities

A funny thing happened during a trip to my favorite paper store - I found love. And I'm talking about that crazy, where-have-you-been-all-my-life kind of love. The new love of my life is embossing. I've seen it a bunch of times, but never tried it myself until that day in the store. Now I'm hooked! By the way I don't feel like I cheated on my husband, because I told him all about this encounter when I got home.

If you haven't seen or tried embossing, you should because it's super easy. Basically all you need is a rubber stamp, stamp pad, embossing powder and a heating tool. Here is my first attempt at embossing at home - of course it's all about Halloween.



I thought it would be fun to create Halloween cards using the stamp. Here are some of the designs I made.

A witch's hat...


A pumpkin...


A bat...


And a monster...


I could also see these designs being used for menu cards, invitations, gift bags, banners and more.


I hope this post inspired you to try embossing - don't be surprised if you see a ton of it show up here over the next few weeks...I'm a little obsessed with it.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Very cute and creative cards!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Thanks Sue - I can't wait to make more things with rubber stamps!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com