Thursday, July 8, 2010

Decorative Packing Tape

Okay, I have to be honest - this post was not supposed to be about decorative packing tape. But a funny thing happened as I was innocently strolling through the aisles at Michael's...I came face-to-face with these ridiculously cute rolls of tape that were only $1. Come on, what choice did I have at that point? So now that I had 10 rolls (yes 10, but they're really cute), I felt compelled to use them. Hence this post...

Here are a few of the styles - I still can't get over the fact that this is packing tape!



Since I seem to be on a place card kick (remember last week's post), I decided to make yet another one that incorporated the packing tape. I simply put the tape on some cardstock and attached the name on top - super easy!



Even simpler still...take a vase and wrap the packing tape around the outside. Honestly it took longer to remove the wrapping from the tape than to create this look.



I have very limited talents when it comes to gift wrapping, so look how the packing tape can jazz up a present...



And for those of us who prefer gift bags to wrapping, the tape can spruce those up as well...



Finally, I used the packing tape to punch up a basic picture frame. I attached the tape to the black mat and reassembled the frame - that's it.



I finally had to force myself to put the tape down because I was having way too much fun with it. Don't say I didn't warn you about the clearance section in craft stores!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Wow all of your ideas are so cute and the tape was only a $1 - I wish we had a Michaels near by!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Tina - Thanks for stopping by! Having a Michaels, a JoAnns and a Hobby Lobby within a 10 mile radius of my house is killing me!!

Jaybird and Me said...

Hi! Was this in the dollar bins, or was it a clearance item? I think I'll have to go by there tomorrow.

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Jaybird - I found the tape in the clearance section...there were also other matching accessories, like binder clips and notepads, that were on sale as well. I hope you find it - please send me a link to any projects that you make with the tape!

Leesa said...

Yellow Bandana Pattern Packing Tape found at JoAnns provided a great option for party favor display customization.

Check it out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sendintheclownsla/4791511111/


Leesa Zelken, CEO (Children's Entertainment Organizer TM)
SEND IN THE CLOWNS "Bravura kiddie party planning"
~Los Angeles Magazine
310.399.3733
www.sendintheclownsla.com

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/sendintheclownsla

Follow us on TWITTER for special discounts, party inspiration, and random observations!
http://twitter.com/sendinclowns

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Leesa - I adore bandana patterns...thanks for the tip!

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

Love it! very creative! I will feature your idea in my blog...www.stixnpops.com

Shwetablog said...

grt

Peter Jackson said...

Nice Article, I love the way you describe this topic and I got very effective information related to packaging and shipping. Good Packaging improves the user's experience and best services satisfaction since always use the best Shopping boxes and packaging tapes. Nice work. Keep it up.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com