Thursday, July 8, 2010

Decorative Packing Tape

Okay, I have to be honest - this post was not supposed to be about decorative packing tape. But a funny thing happened as I was innocently strolling through the aisles at Michael's...I came face-to-face with these ridiculously cute rolls of tape that were only $1. Come on, what choice did I have at that point? So now that I had 10 rolls (yes 10, but they're really cute), I felt compelled to use them. Hence this post...

Here are a few of the styles - I still can't get over the fact that this is packing tape!



Since I seem to be on a place card kick (remember last week's post), I decided to make yet another one that incorporated the packing tape. I simply put the tape on some cardstock and attached the name on top - super easy!



Even simpler still...take a vase and wrap the packing tape around the outside. Honestly it took longer to remove the wrapping from the tape than to create this look.



I have very limited talents when it comes to gift wrapping, so look how the packing tape can jazz up a present...



And for those of us who prefer gift bags to wrapping, the tape can spruce those up as well...



Finally, I used the packing tape to punch up a basic picture frame. I attached the tape to the black mat and reassembled the frame - that's it.



I finally had to force myself to put the tape down because I was having way too much fun with it. Don't say I didn't warn you about the clearance section in craft stores!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Wow all of your ideas are so cute and the tape was only a $1 - I wish we had a Michaels near by!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Tina - Thanks for stopping by! Having a Michaels, a JoAnns and a Hobby Lobby within a 10 mile radius of my house is killing me!!

Jaybird and Me said...

Hi! Was this in the dollar bins, or was it a clearance item? I think I'll have to go by there tomorrow.

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Jaybird - I found the tape in the clearance section...there were also other matching accessories, like binder clips and notepads, that were on sale as well. I hope you find it - please send me a link to any projects that you make with the tape!

Leesa said...

Yellow Bandana Pattern Packing Tape found at JoAnns provided a great option for party favor display customization.

Check it out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sendintheclownsla/4791511111/


Leesa Zelken, CEO (Children's Entertainment Organizer TM)
SEND IN THE CLOWNS "Bravura kiddie party planning"
~Los Angeles Magazine
310.399.3733
www.sendintheclownsla.com

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/sendintheclownsla

Follow us on TWITTER for special discounts, party inspiration, and random observations!
http://twitter.com/sendinclowns

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Leesa - I adore bandana patterns...thanks for the tip!

Elizabeth at www.StixNpops.com said...

Love it! very creative! I will feature your idea in my blog...www.stixnpops.com

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com