Monday, October 31, 2011

My Halloween Drama

Halloween is a huge event at my house to the point where costumes are typically purchased a month in advance. However, for reasons I'm still not quite sure of, I didn't start shopping for costumes until last week - insert "eek" here.

My oldest son decided that he wanted to be a combat soldier - easy. And, after much thought, my youngest son decided that he wanted to be the Blue Power Ranger - even easier, or so I thought. The last time I heard about Power Rangers was the late 90's, so who knew that every store in greater Atlanta would be sold out of Power Ranger costumes this year! I looked and looked and finally located one at Party City. I couldn't believe my luck, until the guy handed me the package and then I knew exactly why the costume had not been purchased...


No mask? Really? I frantically called my husband for advice and he assured me that I had enough crafting mojo to make a mask. So, with new found confidence, I purchased the mask-less costume. Here's my best attempt at making my kid a Power Ranger...


Can you tell what the mask really is? It's Iron Man!


I first spray painted the entire mask blue...


Then I cut the shape on the mask out of foam paper and hot glued it on - much easier than I thought it would be!



My son is completely happy with his costume - crisis averted! Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!!


2 comments:

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

That looks perfect! I hope he gave you a discount since the mask was missing!

I'm a new follower, I love your blog!

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com